Simple SEO Tips can go a very long way in putting you ahead of all the competitors in your target market or niche. You don’t have to be an expert at SEO! If you will just follow a few tips you will be able to enjoy higher page rankings.
First and foremost, always write for your reader and not for the search engines. When you can write for your reader in such a way to met some of the criteria needed for the search engines then it can be a win win. Let me explain the difference between the two:
SEO – Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s ‘natural’ or unpaid search results.
HEO – Human Emotion Optimization is how you connect with the visitors to your blog. It is the look and feel of your blog. It is when you write your posts in such a way that you connect with your visitor as you inform, educate, entertain and solve their problems.
The key search engines are: Google, Yahoo and Bing. Unlike humans, the search engines are text driven only. The search engines perform several activities:
Crawl – Looking at mainly text to get an idea what a site or page is about.
Index – Identifies the words that best describe the page and assign the page to particular keywords.
Process – Compares the search request with the indexed pages in the database.
Relevancy – Since it is likely that there is more than one page, the search engines start calculating the relevancy of each of the pages/posts in its index with the search request.
Retrieve – Displaying pages in the browser from the most relevant to the least relevant sites.
So if you understand how the search engines work, you will be better prepared to incorporate the Simple SEO Tips in your blog and blog posts in such a way to please the engines and the reader.
13 Simple SEO Tips For Your Blog Posts
Following these Simple SEO Tips will go a long way in your page ranking.
- Keyword Or Keyword Phrase In Title
- Keyword Phrase in URL – Permalink – /%postname%/
- One Keyword Or Keyword Phrase Per Post
- H1, H2 and H3 Contain Keyword Or Keyword Phrase
- Blog Post Contains At Least 300 Words
- Post Contains At Least One Image With Keyword Or Keyword Phrase in Alternate Text
- Keyword Or Keyword Phrase In The First And Last 50 – 100 Words
- Keyword Or Keyword Phrase – Bold, Underline, Italicize – Once Each
- Complete All In One SEO On Each Post And Page
- Post Has 2 – 4% Keyword Density
- Outbound Link
- Internal Link
- Inbound Link
You may not be able to accomplish all 13 tips on each blog post but make an attempt while not sacrificing the HEO for your reader.
Simple SEO Tips – PlugIn Recommendations
As part of my Simple SEO Tips, there are a couple of plugins that I recommend you use on your blog.
– All In One SEO Pack (Free) – Optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engine Optimization.
– Google XML Sitemap (Free) – This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.
– RB Internal (Free) – Link to other blog posts and pages without specifying the full URL.
– Easy WP SEO (Paid) – This has by far become my favorite plugin and my favorite of all my Simple SEO Tips. It is like I have my own SEO Consultant that analyzes and then helps me optimize each blog post. This plugin scores my posts utilizing over 23 proven on page SEO Factors. Click Here to learn more: Easy WP SEO
Don’t Ignore These Simple SEO Tips
Do not ignore the Simple SEO Tips that are outlined in the blog posts. While there are other things you can do to benefit you with SEO, if you follow these simple tips you will improve your page ranking in the search engines.
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW REGARDING ‘SIMPLE SEO TIPS ‘